Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Since when is the word Guardian synonymous with Repo Man?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Since when is the word Guardian synonymous with Repo Man?

MAN. I'm probably going to make an utter fool of myself when writing this thread, but a message needs to be announced, so, so be it!

I found in game lately, when people get scammed, the first thing they do is come to a Guardian and think they can get their stuff back for them. I can't tell you how many times people have come up and been like, I got scammed by so and so. Can you get my stuff back for me? It feels dirty in a way to waltz there and "force" them to give it back.

While the first few times, I acknowledged the requests and tried, but now people randomly just find me in game and ask. Last I checked, Guardians weren't even supposed to handle this stuff, as they are not moderators. I don't know where that rumor started.

Frankly, I'm getting quite frustrated with it, having to log on in game and spend my limited time towards 61 on this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping the community. I love helping the community, but shouldn't stuff like this better be brought to the attention of support?

Thoughts? Opinions? Flame-Free Posts? Post below!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

There isn't anything they could do to stop them though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayc2000 View Post
    There isn't anything they could do to stop them though...
    That is my point exactly. Other than becoming a drone and pulling quotes from the TOS, what am I going to do? Pull you over and write you a "ticket"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Lol. How would sts stop them though? They will still come to guardians no matter what, there isn't a way to mute them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    That is my point exactly. Other than becoming a drone and pulling quotes from the TOS, what am I going to do? Pull you over and write you a "ticket"?
    Make your mule a secret, and no one bugs you. The place where I'm most tied down with this stuff is Balefort, and I don't spend too much time there on my main now.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I had a thought and opinion, but there were not flame free so nvm.

I kid, many players are not on forums so they really have no clue how the GoA came to "power" and therefore they have an unjust sense of what they can do. When you see a player that has been granted access to an item that very few will attain, it makes you think that they were granted a bit of mod status right? Idk, that's the assumption I think many are making.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-09-2011 at 06:52 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I gotz scammed!'nnmm!!!! Apoollo get my stuff bak pl0x?1

I never dealt with this, just a mountain of trade/friend requests and begging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Inhad a thought and opinion, but there were not flame free so nvm.

I kid, many players are not on forums so they really have no clue how the GoA came to "power" and therefore they have an unjust sense of what the can do. When you see a player that has been granted access to an item that very few will attain, it makes you think that they were granted a bit of mod status right? Idk, that's the assumption I think many are making.
    Gluttony with the most logical answer, as usual. I thank thee!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

"With great power comes great responsibility" - Spiderman

I have to be honest here, I think that there are responsibilities and duties that come with being a GoA. You were chosen because you were great helpers and contributors to the community, and I know while there is technically nothing you can do to help players who get scammed I think it should be within a GoA's duties to guide them in the right direction to (hopefully) fixing their problem. I believe that as you were chosen because of your contribution and support to the community, there is no reason why you should no longer help and contribute after becoming a GoA.

I understand it must be frustrating having players constantly coming up to you asking for help and support and I beleove t is your duty to give them a helping hand; in 99% of cares the autoreply is necessary, email support.
    Trollee [41] Trollix [40] Trollex [40]
    Trolley [25] Trolli [20] Trolly [15] Trolle [10]

<Fashion Police> <Twink Inc.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Cheers Apollo, happened to me 5min ago.
    Or not sure was it part of big troll or serious account hijack.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trollee View Post
    I know while there is technically nothing you can do to help players who get scammed I think it should be within a GoA's duties to guide them in the right direction to (hopefully) fixing their problem
    I don't really think a GoA should have duties. As Sam said, it's like a reward, not a here, now go do this type of thing. Helping because you want to is one thing, feeling as though you have to is another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

The shield and title are just a thank you. We do not have to help anyone by any means. We just do it out of the good of our hearts.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I have to be honest here, I think that there are responsibilities and duties that come with being a GoA. You were chosen because you were great helpers and contributors to the community, and I know while there is technically nothing you can do to help players who get scammed I think it should be within a GoA's duties to guide them in the right direction to (hopefully) fixing their problem. I believe that as you were chosen because of your contribution and support to the community, there is no reason why you should no longer help and contribute after becoming a GoA.

I understand it must be frustrating having players constantly coming up to you asking for help and support and I beleove t is your duty to give them a helping hand; in 99% of cares the autoreply is necessary, email support.
    It's more an honor, not job, but yes, there are some things they "should" do, but it gets tedious after replying over and over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I had a thought and opinion, but there were not flame free so nvm.

I kid, many players are not on forums so they really have no clue how the GoA came to "power" and therefore they have an unjust sense of what they can do. When you see a player that has been granted access to an item that very few will attain, it makes you think that they were granted a bit of mod status right? Idk, that's the assumption I think many are making.
    I honestly think you should be a GOA.
    I mean almost ALL your posts are helpful and such.
    I don't know why they haven't appointed you yet, but yes, I say you should be a GOA.

Anyways, on topic, I don't have much to say.
    This thread, I don't see any reason for it.
    No offense, but here's my thoughts.
    What I did think is, why?
    I mean, not everyone's a GOA, so this honestly doesn't affect eeryone else.
    There should be a "GOA Only" thread for unneeded threads like this.
    I made a thread on gold cap issues and what I found honestly made me rethink things before I post again.
    I posted about gold capped people and after reading some helpful replies it made me think, I should be HAPPY that I have the gold cap, and not ask for more. Like they say, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the mountain."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Disagree, sorry. Being picked as a Goa has to date been a reward for being helpful on the forums/in game. It is not a duty. They are not the Po-leece. GoA - outside of having their private group - are no diff than any other player power-wise to date either. It is not their responsibility to police the game. I once had an un-named GoA try to tell me what to do and I laughed publicly.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Scamming isn't the right thing to do but people aren't perfect. Theirs ALWAYS gonna be rule breakers.
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

If I was a GoA or a SG, which I am not, I would help people as I always do, but only if I can do it. If I can't I would give advice and be happy that I did a good turn daily.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    If I was a GoA or a SG, which I am not, I would help people as I always do, but only if I can do it. If I can't I would give advice and be happy that I did a good turn daily.
    Not saying that would be you or anyone, but sometimes words change.
    Example:
    I once promised that if I got a certain achievement I would do my best and keep it going.
    And look, I didn't.

More opaque,
    Presidents ALWAYS say they will do one thing or that thing when they were running.
    But when they get elected, they cannot always fulfill their promises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

qwickchat: /r GoA is only a status, not a power or position, sorry. just report. : (
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Ugghh... I don't like the word power in a game! The only peeps with power are the ones with red names.

I rarely flash my shield and seems to help with the "Hey... aren't you a GOA? I (feel in the blank)"
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr