Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Been done some thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

also you have to realize us oldies that got the CoP werent expecting any bonus- the goal was the pride of the elite cap, this is even true for the first 61's
    i believe there wasnt even a item at all when the first reached 61(dollo i think)
    if it goes back to just the pride of the elite level im fine with that, i did it for no bonus in the first place, maybe its just my greed, but i like getting exclusive vanities, or any gear lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Ill say it again...the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP.
    If you took the time to relax, you would notice I posted before you. No need to repeat yourself.

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
    Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
    Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
    Ewwyuckgross (soon to be) lv56 bird
    Sandblast lv51 mage
    Feedyourhead lv30 bear
    Mayhembeak lv30 bird
    Maliciousbear lv25 bear
    Hostilebear lv22 bear
    Divmay lv18 bear
    Plaguemaw lv17 bear
    Minimayhem lv10 bear
    Hostilemerch lv4 bird
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    @Mothwing

How can you say a stat bonus doesn't help in PVP? 2 identical toons, played by equally skilled player. One has the elite set, one does not. Even a +1 armor could make a difference. I understand that most of it is a roll of the dice, and luck on dodge, but to say it makes no difference seems silly.

simple truth with an example... A buddy (he's a str/dex bear) started PVPing for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm a warbird and do a pretty good job of tearing up bears. This friend fought me with his normal gear and I toasted him repeatedly. He put on his dragon set and toasted me repeatedly. Took off dragon and put on his elite set, toasted me repeatedly. Took elite off back to normal gear, I toasted him again.

ANY stat increase helps.

Don't think I'm whining about this, I'm not.

To me, the older players and their elite gear make it more similar to a real MMO. I used to play DAoC. Not only was there xp levels, there were also "fighting" levels. The longer you played, and more you PvPed, the more fighting skill you got. SO yeah, everyone was at level cap, but the truley old and devoted players would still kick your but because of the extra skills they learned for some much PvP.

The elite gear is like the PvP xp to me. As a new player (just at 6 months), I SHOULDN'T be stronger than, or even equal to, someone that has been playing the same toon for 1.5 years. The gear acquired over that timeframe is the "PvP" xp that made DAoC so dynamic.

You think taking stats from elite vanities would cause an uproar? Imagine what would happen if STS gave a new skill/stat increase for every 1k pvp kills someone has, or every 1k PvE kills even.
    Because I don't have the vanities yet I seem to be pretty good at beating those who do...If you have a good enough combo, vanity players are extremely easy to beat. In fact i have a harder time with some players that don't have vanities at all. (COUGH Icelinger COUGH Protectmyneck COUGH Strklownin) It's you're frame of mind, as well as your skill.

Listen guys, STS never said anything about bringing the set bonus back, so bashing them for not bringing it back isn't the best thing to be doing. Besides, I think we can all admit that most of us are in it just for the "sparkles". I'm not saying that there arent people who want the stats, but I think most of us just want to look cool. And I can't blame you for that, because yes it IS fun to get pm's asking how you got an item (even though it will get annoying after a while). SO, if this is correct, we shouldn't be complaining, because Techno did say she might add sparkles just for the heck of it.

We all know what happens when you assume...
    Last edited by Mothwing; 07-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Moth your a mage. I don't wanna hear it. Love you to death man. But you have it easy in pvp. And have had it easy since fang.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    Moth your a mage. I don't wanna hear it. Love you to death man. But you have it easy in pvp. And have had it easy since fang.

Everybody has an equal chance. There are pro mages, pro birds, and pro bears, so don't say mages have it easy, because we don't. I don't want to go into all the details, let alone the hate we get from not healing.

@Divine I am relaxed. Im just really tired of everybody getting butthurt over some stats. Just. Play. The. Game.

/thislinemarkstheunsubscriptionofthisthreadandhopef ullyitwilldie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

News just in from STS twitter account- @PocketLegends: New elite dungeon coming soon to Pocket Legends for level 71s!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    News just in from STS twitter account- @PocketLegends: New elite dungeon coming soon to Pocket Legends for level 71s!
    awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    The day that happens is the day I and many others quit ...
    Are the set bonuses really that big deal of deal?

Personally, I don't feel strongly about it either way. All I'm saying is, the only fair way resolve this issue is: either all cap vanities combine for a bonus, or none do. No matter what happens, some people are going to complain (it's inevitable), but at least there won't be any gray area on the matter, and none of this "these vanities do this, but these other vanities don't" bs. I love STS, but one thing they're not great at is drawing a line in the sand, so to speak.
    Last edited by McBain; 07-18-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Because I don't have the vanities yet I seem to be pretty good at beating those who do...If you have a good enough combo, vanity players are extremely easy to beat. In fact i have a harder time with some players that don't have vanities at all. (COUGH Icelinger COUGH Protectmyneck COUGH Strklownin) It's you're frame of mind, as well as your skill.

Listen guys, STS never said anything about bringing the set bonus back, so bashing them for not bringing it back isn't the best thing to be doing. Besides, I think we can all admit that most of us are in it just for the "sparkles". I'm not saying that there arent people who want the stats, but I think most of us just want to look cool. And I can't blame you for that, because yes it IS fun to get pm's asking how you got an item (even though it will get annoying after a while). SO, if this is correct, we shouldn't be complaining, because Techno did say she might add sparkles just for the heck of it.

We all know what happens when you assume...
    You're kind of making everyone's point for them in the "Mages are OP" debate...

If you need to list specific people can beat you who don't have a set that gives +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor, and saying that other people who DO have that set, when you don't, don't pose and particular problem, then there might be something wrong. It goes back to "This pro guy kills me, but I'm not scared of anyone else". Of the 3 you named, how many are dexbirds or other mages?

I'm hesitant to fight mages at all 1v1 because I know that the chances are about 90% that drain/lightning combo is going to kill my warbird before I can do any more than cruel blast, which is REQUIRED to get any damage at all because of mana shield. Pure dex birds, and only pure dex birds, have the front-loaded damage to maybe kill a mage with that 1 combo. Adversely, EVERY mage, int or otherwise, has the ability to kill most anyone else with their combo.

Add the fact that now cruel blast is almost always dodged....

basically, what it boils down to is that if you say +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor on your opponents means nothing, you might be OP.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trunzoc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    You're kind of making everyone's point for them in the "Mages are OP" debate...

If you need to list specific people can beat you who don't have a set that gives +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor, and saying that other people who DO have that set, when you don't, don't pose and particular problem, then there might be something wrong. It goes back to "This pro guy kills me, but I'm not scared of anyone else". Of the 3 you named, how many are dexbirds or other mages?

I'm hesitant to fight mages at all 1v1 because I know that the chances are about 90% that drain/lightning combo is going to kill my warbird before I can do any more than cruel blast, which is REQUIRED to get any damage at all because of mana shield. Pure dex birds, and only pure dex birds, have the front-loaded damage to maybe kill a mage with that 1 combo. Adversely, EVERY mage, int or otherwise, has the ability to kill most anyone else with their combo.

Add the fact that now cruel blast is almost always dodged....

basically, what it boils down to is that if you say +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor on your opponents means nothing, you might be OP.
    This is not an argument about the mages, mmk? All im saying, is that you still have a chance to beat the other person weather he has a vanity set on or not. Do your combo, manage your health, and kite. I guarantee that you'll win 99% of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Manage your hp ._.
    Mothy, you got everything going for you.
    It's near impossible to "manage" our hp now that our heal doesn't work unless we stop in our tracks. Thus throwing kiting right out the window. You play a mage. And nothing but it. I want you to make a bird. And then you can tell me mages aren't op.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Manage your hp ._.
    Mothy, you got everything going for you.
    It's near impossible to "manage" our hp now that our heal doesn't work unless we stop in our tracks. Thus throwing kiting right out the window. You play a mage. And nothing but it. I want you to make a bird. And then you can tell me mages aren't op.
    I have a bird, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

And I can bet, that you don't have it NEAR as easy. Cause birds take skill. Mages on the other hand. Not much skill to it.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

And I can bet, that you don't have it NEAR as easy. Cause birds take skill. Mages on the other hand. Not much skill to it.
    True^^ im pro at mage sorta bird is hard as hell same with bear in endgame pvp i mean

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Are the set bonuses really that big deal of deal?

Personally, I don't feel strongly about it either way. All I'm saying is, the only fair way resolve this issue is: either all cap vanities combine for a bonus, or none do. No matter what happens, some people are going to complain (it's inevitable), but at least there won't be any gray area on the matter, and none of this "these vanities do this, but these other vanities don't" bs. I love STS, but one thing they're not great at is drawing a line in the sand, so to speak.

Its not that the vanity bonus gives that big of an advantage in pvp or pve (to mages) I DO feel that its sorely needed by birds to have a somewhat level fight across classes, even then with these new sets they are out fighting stats NOT skill... BUT I paid good money and spent more then my fair share of time to ensure my bird, bear, and mage were all blessed with these "trophies". For the devs to take away the bonuses that these provide would be the biggest slap in the face to the players that have earned them. I dont know about you but i dont need or want another "GRATUITY (sorry but we changed our minds again) ITEM"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Yeah, I don't know. When the cap vanity helm was first introduced, people clamored for it just to have an exclusive trophy item. It wasn't until later that vanity set bonuses were added. So if people did it before without caring about the item's stats, why would it matter now? The way I see, the item itself is the trophy. But again, I'm trying not to make an argument against the vanity items having stats (even though I think they shouldn't ). I'm only saying STS make a decision one way or the other on the matter and apply it globally to all cap items, because even though it may be a little unfair to suddenly take away your vanity stats, I think it's more unfair the way it is currently with the new helm not combining with any of the previous vanities.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Been speculating about a future Monarch set which replace COP.
    Last edited by Sciazaratek; 01-20-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Xplict
    Sciazaratek: lv. 75 str/dex polarbear;
    Sciazarcher : lv.71 pure dex duck ;
    Sciazmage : lv. 75 pure int enchanter ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. When the cap vanity helm was first introduced, people clamored for it just to have an exclusive trophy item. It wasn't until later that vanity set bonuses were added. So if people did it before without caring about the item's stats, why would it matter now? The way I see, the item itself is the trophy. But again, I'm trying not to make an argument against the vanity items having stats (even though I think they shouldn't ). I'm only saying STS make a decision one way or the other on the matter and apply it globally to all cap items, because even though it may be a little unfair to suddenly take away your vanity stats, I think it's more unfair the way it is currently with the new helm not combining with any of the previous vanities.
    Old vanities have benefits that new one doesnt have... Just like new vanity has benefits the old one doesnt have.... Seems fair to me