Thread: Guide to Advanced Mechanics in PL: DPS, Crits, etc.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My 5 cents

I just wanna point out some of my observations. The accuracy cap is 95% but having let's say 125% helps. How? When u get debuff in pvp let's say hellscream (-30% accuracy) u still have ur max 95% so it not all that impractical. Anything above 125% is useless, for pve 95% is just about right.
    Dodge is another story. what I noticed is that when I have like 50 dodge, half the hits from monsters get dodged let's say monster has max accuracy of 95 and u have 40 dodge. How often will he hit u? Let's do the math 95 x [1 - (40/100)] = 57%
    which means that only 57 out 100 hits will damage u. It is better to think of dodge as a chance of absorbing the damage completely rather than avoiding it which might easily be confussed with a "miss." Miss basically means that ur attack didn't hit the point in space it was aimed for, which is so much different in case of a dodge, the targeted victim was no longer there when the attack reached the intended 'destination' or point in space we aimed for. I believe Accuracy is taken first. if ur hit does not miss, you still have a chance to avoid the attack based on your dodge. Btw I got the 95% hit cap from ur test; ~50 dodges, ~50 misses combined with my theory gives 400 successful hits plus 50 lucky dodges divided by total amount of performed attacks gives us typical rpg cap of .95 or 95% if u like.

Hope that it helps, feel free to adopt it to ur guide.
    Last edited by Vivi; 05-12-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: More thoughts and some corrections