Thread: Its time we Balance | Evolution of weapons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Cute graphs, but frankly, they are telling us nothing useful.

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Im not against balance, but to throw a bunch of "on paper stats" out like this doesnt fully give you the grasp of mages damage output. To sit here and not show that side of things and just look at the basic stat of damg isnt fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    I understood it. Your focused on paper stats, which doesn't reflect overall damage a class can do. For this data you just throw out skills effect on gameplay? I mean, thats a pretty big part of the game your just not assessing. Im not sure how you can say that mages need a damage buff(wars too but thats a diff story) while not even taking into account the sheer AoE then can put out. If you are going by what your eyes see, then i can see why people think they need a buff, but its not correct to just completely disregard one of the cornerstones of this game, skills.
    ^ This, can be said a thousand times. In my viewpoint, I think you, the OP, is the one failing to see what several people are trying to tell you throughout this thread. As a mage myself who has been doing nothing but farming the new maps for approximately 60k xp a day this past week, I can unquestionable say that mages are in an exceptional state in the pve aspect of this game.

The damage statistic you are referring to in your graphs is nothing but a number. Each skill's damage value scales with this given number. What I am trying to say is that this number is quite irrelevant alone when considering the damage output of a specific class. For example, a class can have 100 damage and have a skill that does 1000 damage because it scales by 10. On the other hand, another class can have exactly the same stat of 100 damage but have a skill that does only 200 damage because it scales by 2. There is no meaning to comparing the damage statistic of a class by itself.

Another thing I would like to mention is the significance between aoe vs single target attacks which I do not think you are weighing accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    The AOE damage of one class is countered with the Single target damage of another depending on the class and role.
    I believe this is an absolutely invalid statement. If you were asked which is faster, a plane or a car, what you declared above is pretty much the same as saying traveling by air "counters" traveling by land, so they are equal. Does this make sense? Sorry, but it's going to be a hard negative for me. Let's take the new swamp map for example. If you sent in the three classes with the same gear and you were able to see how much damage each class did at the end of the run, I can guarantee you that mages will beat out the other two classes in this category. The reason why a mage's damage number is lower is because they can hit ten people with one skill thus multiplying their damage by the number of targets hit, while a rogue would generally only hit one target with one skill.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Class balance affects PVP and damage based runs (for example Raid LB) - players are not speaking about it anymore because there are no actions taken for all the outstanding discussions that are already available on the forum.
    Last but not least, class balance in pvp and class balance in pve are in two completely different universes. There are contrasting circumstances in play such as having other opponents with different statistical values. Please do not coin them together as I could literally write a book about pvp class balance even if I have not pvp'd in a year, whereas I have nothing else to say on this matter about class balance in pve because I see no real immediate issues regarding this matter.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post: