Thread: Guide to Advanced Mechanics in PL: DPS, Crits, etc.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I don't have any numbers to show either, I've just constantly read and based from that assumption ever since I started.

I believe TT did some tests in PvP and showed that armour does 5/7 or 5/8 reduction or something, have to dig up the thread as it was awhile back.

I just found it easier to think of 1 armour = 1 damage reduction since mob damages don't really tend to multiply by huge amounts when you also have no armor on.

Then again it'd bring up how much minimum damage mobs do. X_X I have no certainty whatsoever, just if its useful. I could be dead wrong, and wouldn't be surprised if I am. Lol
    Oh I see what you mean, I just attributed the damage reduction through a percentage since I calculated it that way, and its easier to see as a reference to damage you do. You meant placing a set numeric range of reduced damage instead:

Void set (damage range: 180-225, average damage 202.5)
    Non-criticals landed: 117
    Non-critical damage range: 109-154
    Total non-critical damage: 15,214
    Average non-critical damage: 130.0

Damage reduction at lower end: 180-109 = 71 armor
    Damage reduction at higher end: 225-154 = 71 armor
    Damage reduction on average damage: 202.5 - 130 = 72.5 armor

Either way works, but thanks for pointing that out. Close Encounter enemies have 71-72.5 armor, which causes an overall damage reduction from 31.55% to 39.44%.

The 5/7 and 5/8 reduction may seems way too high...maybe armor values differ between PvE and PvP?

Also, I hope I somehow answered your question in my other thread

I'm guessing with higher DPS/base damage, along with other debuffs from other classes, along with that "Super debuff + buff" combo, if that extra 11 DPS and 8 damage would go through a lot of multipliers? Even more when a crit happens with/without the group buffs/debuffs.
    I didn't apply the Break Armor debuff as well as buffs/debuffs from other classes. Not entirely sure which cancels out the other, or if these buffs/debuffs stack...
    Break Armor 20 pt. armor reduction
    Nightmare 25 pt. armor reduction
    etc.

Is Nightmare 25 pt = 25% or 25 points?

I think there's only one way to find out. In PVP. Get attacker to use same weapon throughout the tests and defender to switch armors with armor value of 1-10. Then repeat the same way as you did. Land 100 hits on the defender for each different armor equipped. Need to take into consideration the base armor ( defender ) and damage ( attacker ) even without any items equipped.
    I'll probably set something like this up to confirm this whole armor business since I am unsure myself. Thanks for the suggestion!